Jan 26, 2011

White Dove... Blue? Really?

I was a little baffled at what I'm about to show you (ok, more like super baffled)!!!  Remember here and here when I raved about Benjamin Moore's White Dove as the color I chose to be painted on most of the interior walls in the new house.... you know, the color I claimed to be the "perfect color, the no fail white"?

As more and more White Dove paint was going up on the wall, I started to see a hint of blue, a light baby blue color.  I thought I must be seeing it wrong (my painted swatch didn't show any blue, my previous house painted White Dove never showed blue).  Then I brought the husband to look at the walls and he said it was definitely blue.  Definitely blue, huh?   Now if he can see blue, then something was wrong, definitely wrong....

Do you see blue?


It may not look as blue as I'm making it out to be, but trust me.... IT'S BLUE!  Where's the soft white, the sometimes subtle yellowish, gray tone?

Well, after a few minor tantrums, I moved to plan B... paint again!  You might think I'm crazy, but that blue wasn't working for me so the walls got slapped with another coat of paint.  The sweet guys at Benjamin Moore whipped me up a five-gallon bucket of Floral White (one of the original colors painted here) and off I went.... ahhhhh, so much better...


Now, looking at these two pictures, you're probably thinking.... there isn't a difference.  Believe me, looking at it in person makes a HUGE difference.  I think it's kinda cozy in here now.... a lot softer.

I'm still completely baffled by the definitely-baby-blue-color that White Dove presented, and don't know why it was so blue (a reflection from the colors outside through the window? the flooring? a bad batch of paint? the lighting?).  I'm stumped (and so was my painter and the guys at Benjamin Moore), but I do know that next time I pick a paint color, I'll be painting a HUGE swatch (bigger than this) over a large portion of the wall.

All in all, I'm actually happy that it looked blue so I could get to Floral White.... hello Floral White, welcome!!!

3 comments:

  1. I am reading this with fear & trembling as I am just about to embark on choosing colors for our new house. White Dove was going to be used on all my woodwork. I'm definitely going to run to the paint store and get several samples before I give my painter the go ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I discovered your blog site on google and check a few of your early posts. Continue to keep up the very good operate. I just additional up your RSS feed to my MSN News Reader. Seeking forward to reading more from you later on!…

    Website
    Information

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...