Sep 23, 2011

Welcome Fall

Today marks the first official day of Fall!!!  It's my favorite time of year..... leaves changing, windows open, cool breeze, sweaters, apple pie, hot chocolate, bonfires..... the list goes on!  Since it's Fall, I decided to update the look of my back door and make it a little cozy and add a wreath.

I've been storing up ideas Pinterest and thought it's about time to complete one of the projects saved to my DIY board.....  these are two of my favorite handmade wreaths.....



I recreated the one sold by The Simple Standard.  Simple Standard's is made from burlap, but I used several extra painter's drop cloths that I had on hand, so my new wreath is slightly different.....

Wreath

I cut tons of 1"x3" (approximately) strips of drop cloth, then washed and dried them to fringe the edges (if you wash the tiny strips in your machine you may want to put them in a mesh bag).  Once the strips were dried, I used my glue gun and put a dot of glue on the back/middle of each piece, then attached it to a styrofoam wreath.  I glued the strips very, very close together.

Wreath

Then I added black and white fabric and an old, turquoise, knitted baby hat to one edge for some color...

Wreath

And here's my wreath...

Wreath

And since you can see my reflection and the reflection of my newest little addition to the family through the window, I thought I'd give you a better picture..... my new baby.... Riggs (he's definitely keeping me busy this Fall)!

Dog 

I'm lovin' all that comes along with this time of year and I hope you're enjoying the beginning of Fall!  Happy Fall.... and happy Friday!!!

5 comments:

  1. CAN YOU EXPLAIN A LITTLE MORE HOW YOU ATTACHED THEM TO THE WREATH? YOU DIDN'T TIE THEM? I HAVE MADE SOMETHING SIMILAR BEFORE USING STRIPS OF PRINTED CLOTH AND TIED THEM AROUND IT AND KNOTTED THEM. THIS LOOKS GREAT AND I DEF WANT TO MAKE ONE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abbey - I'll put together a few pics this week so you can see the progression.... it's really easy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m impressed, I must say. Really rarely do I encounter a blog that’s both educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail on the head. Your idea is outstanding; the issue is something that not enough people are speaking intelligently about. I am very happy that I stumbled across this in my search for something relating to this. Jianhuaedu.com Did08.com Hotelsinvenice-italy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. An impressive share, I just given this onto a colleague who was doing a little analysis on this. And he in fact bought me breakfast because I found it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the treat! But yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If possible, as you become expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more details? It is highly helpful for me. Big thumb up for this blog post!

    Website
    Information

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...